Parent Council Meetings
Gwynne School Parent Council Meeting is scheduled for:
GSPA News - February 2021
GSPA is happy to share the following with families of Gwynne School:
- West Coast Seeds Fundraiser is closing on February 3. Be sure to get your last minute orders in. Keep in mind the school receives 40% of all proceeds. Visit fundraising.westcoastseeds.com to place an order.
- Thank you to the incredible volunteers who keep our rink in tip-top shape. The strong core of people who have spent countless hours flooding and prepping the ice are irreplaceable. We’ve heard that there has been increased community use of the rink this winter and hope that continues into February.
- The next GSPA Council meeting is Wednesday, February 17, 2021. Please mark your calendar and watch for the virtual meeting link. All school families are welcome to join.
- Council is awaiting the reopening of the Bingo hall to continue fundraising. We are hoping payouts continue to be strong after the re-launch.
- Last, but not least, a quick thanks to all the staff of Gwynne School, including teachers, support staff, custodians, and everyone in between, for working so hard to keep the students safe throughout the past months. Your dedication has allowed our kids a safe and consistent learning environment.
Take care and stay healthy,
Gwynne School Parents Association
GSPA West Coast Seed Fundraiser 2021
Gwynne School Families,
This year we are running a fundraiser with West Coast Seeds for the purpose of raising funds for Gwynne School Parent Association. We chose this fundraiser because we would like to promote a program that is environmentally friendly and promotes growing food.
Please see the following attachments
Gwynne School Parent Association
GSPA Meeting Minutes
2020-2021 School Year
GSPA Financial Reports and Statements
2019-2020 School Year
Message from GSPA - September 28, 2020
Gwynne School Parent’s Association held our first “Virtual” Council Meeting of the year on September 21, 2020.
The 2020-2021 Executive is as follows:
- Chairperson: Erin Ballhorn
- Vice-Chairperson: Laura White
- Treasurer: Candice Brooks
- Secretary: Victoria Croft
- COSC Rep: Kristine Belbeck
- Casino Coordinator: Laura White
- Bingo Coordinator: Heather Forbes with Candice Brooks
- Fundraising Coordinator: we will continue to work as a full council – same as the previous year
- Hot Lunch Coordinator: this position is tabled at this time: When school/covid protocols change this position can be revisited
- Communications: Erin Ballhorn and Candice Brooks
- Member at Large: Ashley Feldberg
- Teacher’s Representative: Stu will arrange for teachers to rotate monthly
The next virtual meeting has been scheduled for October 19, 2020, at 7:00 p.m. Please watch for the meeting link. ALL parents and guardians are welcome to join, we value everyone’s opinions and ideas for fundraising and school events.
GSPA will again be conducting the Purdy’s Chocolate Fundraiser. We have confirmed the logistics to move forward with the previously successful event. Watch for more information in the near future.
Please note the following dates, volunteers are required.
- October 17, 2020 - Evening Bingo
- Sunday, January 24, 2021 - Evening Bingo
- Saturday, February 27, 2021 - Evening Bingo
We look forward to "seeing" you all on October 19 at 7:00 pm. Watch for the link.
FundScrip On-going Fundraising
Please click on the link to find FundScrip On-going Fundraising instructions FundScrip On-going Fundraising
Here are the first three steps:
1. Go to www.fundscrip.com
2. Click on the green "Support a Group" button
3. Enter Gwynne School's Group Invitation Code: JG7R4B
Thanks in advance for your support!
Gwynne School Parent Association